We went to the berry farm to pick strawberries. I have fond memories of going to the berry farm when I was younger. The funny thing is that I am not even that big of a fan of strawberries but think they are awesome when you just pick them from the vine. I do have to admit as an adult that it crosses my mind each time I eat one weather or not I just ate a bunch of pesticides or a bug, dirt, etc. I remember being one of the kids like I saw with big red mustaches from eating so many and never thinking about the potential negatives I mentioned above. The thing that make the chesterfield berry farm so special is that is a whole day event. We got there and fed some of the animals, watched pig races, raced ducks down a water shoot, went on a hay ride to get to the fields, picked a bunch of berries, and then finished up with lunch. It was a great way to spend mothers day. Kian had his very own basket and kept filling it up and giving it to us. He enjoyed eating them but also enjoyed throwing the bad ones back.
No comments:
Post a Comment