Sunday, January 24, 2010

Growing up

Well this week has shown me how big our little baby is getting. He is growing up so fast. First we bought a potty so we could starting potty training or at the very least we could start trying to get him used to it. The first night that we opened it Marcio said "pee pee or poo poo?" and Kian said "poo poo" so just to see what happened we took off his diaper and let him try it. I was cooking dinner but Marcio said he looked like he going to try to go but nothing came out...then he realized that it did come out but didn't fall in the toilet. It was very exciting to see that he understood what to do and wanted to try. I just figured it was lucky and didn't expect him to do it again. I remember back to the first night that he slept through the night and jinxing myself by talking about it...only for him to not do it again for months. He still doesn't even do it now! I was wrong though because he has now told us about 5 or 6 times that he has to go pee pee and he has actually gone. He tells about poop too but after he has gone. I figure its a good start.

He got his face painted yesterday and actually sat though it and didn't get upset. He got a little worked up at first but after just a second he was ok. He also sits through his hair cuts and lets people hold him. He has come a long way since he was a baby.



Today Marcio converted his crib to a toddler bed. If I wasn't sure before how big he has gotten this shows me. I jumped right up on it and sat there like a little man. I am sure he won't sleep in it, but hey its a nice thought.



He has started the "mine" phase where he takes stuff says "mine" and runs from you. It was cute once or twice but isn't when what ever he has isn't his.

2 comments:

  1. They are growing up too fast! I love how we now talk about pee and poop and how proud of our kids we are when they do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I can't believe how fast all of this happens! That is so awesome he already used the potty. Take a picture!

    ReplyDelete